Nordic ARC Cycle 8 2021 Support Activities
The Nordic ARC has organised a series of online events to support you in the upcoming ALMA Cycle 8 2021 Call for Proposals. You can find the presentations at the links below:
- March 4 2021, 11:00 CET: Introduction to mm-Interferometry and Introduction to ALMA
- March 9 2021, 11:00 CET: Dual Anonymous and Distributed Peer Review in Cycle 8 2021 CfP
- March 22 2021, 10:30 CET: Cycle 8 2021 Update and Proposal Preparation session [OT Demo: Galactic science case]
- March 24 2021, 15:00 CET: Cycle 8 2021 Update and Proposal Preparation session [OT Demo: Extragalactic science case]
European ARC Community Assembly
On the 19th of March 2021 the European ALMA Regional Centre (ARC) for the third time organised a virtual community assembly. On the occasion the community was informed about the Return to Operations of the ALMA array, Cycle 7 PI science commencing, the Cycle 8 2021 call for proposals and the various ways the European ARC network supports the community with their proposal preparations:
ALMA Cycle 8 2021 Call for Proposals
ALMA Cycle 7 observations will start in October 2021 and continue to September 2022.
- 17 March 2021: Release of the ALMA Cycle 8 2021 Call for Proposals and Observing Tool, and opening of the archive for proposal submission
- 21 April 2021: Proposal deadline
- August 2021: Results of proposal review sent to Proposers
- 8 September 2019: ACA Cycle 8 2021 Supplemental Call for Proposals released, and opening of the archive for proposal submission
- 1 October 2021: Start of Cycle 8 2021 observations
- 6 October 2021: ACA Cycle 8 2021 Supplemental Call deadline
All details can be found at almascience.org/proposing
A full summary of expected Cycle 8 2021 capabilities is available in the Pre-Announcement.
NOTE: Baselines longer than 8,5km (configurations C-9 and C-10) will NOT be offered in Cycle 8 2021. These configurations will only be available again in Cycle 9.
Cycle 8 2021 Proposal Review Anticipated Timeline (dates subject to change) is available in the Science Portal.
Support from the Nordic ARC node
In order to make increased capabilities in ALMA Cycle 8 201 accessible to the entire Nordic astronomical community, we at the Nordic ARC node offer our help and support in planning, setting up, optimizing, and submitting your ALMA project. We are happy to support existing ideas, and in particular encourage the development of new projects to submit. Contact us for support at firstname.lastname@example.org.